Open for business
Small business loans to help you get ahead
Unsecured business lending from $10,000 to $150,000 with longer terms and lower interest rates available. So you can reach your business goals.
Business funding without the need for security
Applying for business finance shouldn’t be complicated and you shouldn’t have to use your home as security.
Loan terms from 12 to 60 months
Interest rates from 7.99% p.a. to 11.99% p.a.
Unsecured loans from $10,000 to $150,000
Apply online in 3 minutes
Are you eligible?
If you tick the following boxes, you’re good to apply now!
- I’ve been in business for at least 6 months.
- I can show that I have at least $5,000 in monthly sales.
- I’m an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- I am over 18, have valid ID and proof of my address.
- I’m a registered business, partnership or sole trader.
- My business is located in Victoria, New South Wales or South East Queensland.
- My credit looks good.
- The loan will not be used to pay tax arrears, or to fund a business acquisition.
We currently have restrictions on certain industries. You will be notified in the application process if your business meets our criteria.
How does it work?
Complete your application in just three minutes from your mobile phone, tablet or computer. Once submitted, we will let you know within a few seconds if your application could be accepted.
Provide us with your business financials, proof of address, valid ID, Australian Business Number and any other documents we might need to approve your application.
We will verify your details to confirm your identity and check the information you’ve provided.
Once your application has been approved, we’ll confirm your loan structure with you and send your documents to you to sign online. When everything’s been signed, we’ll aim to get the money to you within two business days.
Why choose Heartland?
We understand small businesses.
Open for Business is part of the Heartland Group which has been providing finance solutions for New Zealanders since 1875. The Heartland Group has been establishing itself as a leader in small business finance in New Zealand since 2015.
We’ve also helped more than 19,000 Australians aged 60 and over to live a more comfortable retirement with our market leading reverse mortgage product.
Now we’re bringing our small business loans knowledge and easy to manage application process to Australia.
Check out some of Heartland Group’s success in New Zealand
provided through business loans
business customers served
years in business
We’re here to help your business
Here’s what some of Heartland Group’s Open for Business New Zealand customers have to say.
Got questions? We’ve got answers...
- What are the interest rates?
- Our interest rates range between 7.99% p.a. and 11.99% p.a.
- How is the interest rate calculated?
- Our interest rates are dependent on your credit score (as the borrower) and also the credit of any guarantors.
- Are there any fees?
- An establishment fee will be included in your loan – this will be $500 for facilities up to $50,000, or 1% of the limit for facilities above $50,000. Other than that, we don’t charge any monthly, transactional, early repayment or early settlement fees.
- How long will it take to apply for a business loan?
- Apply online in just three minutes and get a decision in a few seconds. Once your application has been approved and all documents signed, we’ll aim to have the funds with you within two business days.
- What information will I need to provide to apply for a business loan?
- You’ll need to provide us with a copy of your business financial statements (less than 12 months old) so we can assess your loan application. You’ll also need valid ID, proof of address and your Australian Business Number (ABN). Bank statements may also be required.
- How do I access my funds once my loan is approved?
- Once your application is received, we’ll need to verify your details and conduct any credit checks that might be needed. We’ll talk to you about the loan terms and interest rate, and then, once your loan application is approved and your loan documentation has been signed and returned, the loan funds will be paid to your nominated account.
- How much can I borrow?
- We provide unsecured business loans from $10,000 to $150,000.
- How long will my loan term be?
- Our loan terms range from 12 months to 60 months and depend on whether you meet our lending criteria.
- What about personal guarantees?
- We require a personal guarantee from you, your business’ directors and the business’ shareholders when you take out a business loan with us. This means that each guarantor will be liable for the obligations of the business should it not meet them. It’s important you understand what this means and how it could impact you and your business. We’re here to answer any questions and we recommend you discuss this with your lawyer or a trusted advisor.