Nicole’s Quick and Easy Cheese Pretzels
17 August 2020
Nicole, our Compliance and Reporting Team Leader, shares her cheese pretzel recipe. A quick, easy and delicious snack to have with the family!
- 1 ¾ cups self-rising flour (220g), plus more for dusting
- 1 cup greek yogurt (245g)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup mozzarella shredded cheese (Tasty Shredded Cheese is great too!)
- Rosemary or mixed herbs
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- In a large bowl, mix the self-rising flour, greek yogurt and cheese until it comes together to form a ball.
- Transfer the dough ball to a lightly floured work surface and use your hands to begin flattening and shaping the dough into a roughly 8-inch (20 cm) disk.
- Using a knife, cut the dough into 6 equal pieces.
- One at a time, roll each piece out into a roughly 30cm long log.
- Transfer the logs to a Baking paper-lined sheet pan and shape into individual pretzels.
- Brush the pretzels with egg wash, sprinkle with salt and Rosemary. (Optional sprinkle some Parmesan Cheese)
- Bake for 20 minutes, until the pretzels are a deep golden brown.
- Enjoy! (Tip: Dip into some tomato sauce or relish)
The cheese can be omitted as well if you prefer to keep it simple!